Biotin is a member of the B group of vitamins, and helps maintain healthy skin, hair and nails. It is essential for the metabolism of fats and protein.
Recommended Intake - One tablet daily as a food supplement.
What does it do?
Biotin is water-soluble. It has various functions in your body:
- It participates in the metabolism of fat, carbohydrates and certain amino acids
- It helps to produce and store energy
- It works alongside the hormone insulin to help control blood sugar levels
- It helps maintain healthy skin, hair and nails
Why might you choose to take extra Biotin?
If you have taken antibiotics recently, or are on a long-term prescription. Their use greatly disrupts the intestinal flora, whose health and balance is necessary for the synthesis of biotin.
If you are experiencing hair loss, dry and flaky skin, muscle weakness, irritated eyes and insomnia: these symptoms may be related to a biotin deficiency.
If you consume a large amount of raw eggs: avidin (a protein in egg white) binds with biotin in the stomach and decreases its absorption.
Why Nature's Own?
Nature's Own Biotin supplement is in a Food State, which means the nutrients will be presented to your body in the same form as they are in food. Food State nutrients have been tested by independent laboratories, who found that they:
- are significantly better absorbed, longer retained and better used than standard chemical supplements
- do not need to be taken with food, as they contain all the necessary food factors needed for absorption
- Have no known allergic reactions
- Are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Warning: Always read the label and keep out of reach of children.
Any Product sold or supplied by Bodywiseuk.com are not intended for the treatment,
prevention and cure of any medical conditions.
Never exceed recommended intake unless professionally advised.