Ascorbic Acid Powder
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) is an essential water soluble vitamin that cannot be stored in the body, and therefore needs to be adequately replaced daily.
Recommended Intake - 1-2 grams daily sprinkled over food taking as a food supplement, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Unlike most other animals, we cannot manufacture Vitamin C in our body, which means we have to get it every day in our food. Vitamin C is unstable and is easily destroyed by heat and light, and it is not always possible to be sure how much is taken in our diet. Our daily requirement for it is higher than for any other water-soluble nutrient. The processes of storing, peeling, freezing and cooking our food can deplete much of its vitamin C content.
As a nutrient, vitamin C is needed:
- for producing collagen, a fibrous protein which is an integral part of healthy skin, tendons, bones, gums, teeth and blood vessels;
- as a protective antioxidant throughout the body via its role of reducing and removing harmful excess free radicals (pollution, heated fats, etc);
- for maintaining a healthy immune system and for the growth and repair of tissue;
- in helping to maintain normal blood cholesterol levels;
- for efficient body repair and maintenance; and
- for the metabolism of fat.
Bioflavonoids always accompany vitamin C in fruit and vegetables. The main ones are the flavones and flavonals, rutin and hesperidin. They appear to assist in the absorption of vitamin C.
In particular, this product may have roles for:
- people whose diets contain little fresh fruit and vegetables or who have particular nutritional requirements, such as the elderly and those dependent on institutional catering;
- smokers and those who drink alcohol;
- those with demanding lifestyles;
- those wishing to help maintain normal cholesterol levels;
- people who take aspirin or prescribed drugs such as antibiotics; and
- athletes and those whose work involves strenuous physical activity.
Warning: Always read the label and keep out of reach of children.
Any Product sold or supplied by Bodywiseuk.com are not intended for the treatment,
prevention and cure of any medical conditions.
Never exceed recommended intake unless professionally advised.
Nature's Own Ascorbic Acid Powder