Udos Choice Ultimate Digestive Enzyme Blend is a complete blend of ten active plant-based enzymes, assisting the breakdown of fats, carbohydrates, proteins, sugars and fibre, aiding a healthy digestion and nutrient absorption. Udos Digestive Enzymes support a hectic lifestyle and modern diets that are lacking in enzyme-containing raw foods (these naturally occurring enzymes are often lost in the preparation and cooking processes).
This unique Digestive Enzyme blend:
- Guarantees enzyme activity - the primary, internationally accepted standard for manufacture and measurement of enzyme activity is the Food Chemical Codex (FCC). The Udo's Choice Digestive Blend is made according to FCC methods and uses the FCC unit measuring system to define enzyme potency/activity.
- A full range of ten different digestive enzymes - required to break down and metabolise the full range of food types - protein, fat, starch, soluble and insoluble fibre, milk sugar, and other complex sugars.
- A super-rich source of protein-digesting enzymes - we use at least five kinds of proteases/proteinases as undigested proteins are the main cause of the food-related digestive complaints that are rampant in our society - especially in those over 40 years old, but sometimes even in children.
- Precision and Balance - this Enzyme Blend contains high potency enzymes to replace those destroyed during the cooking and processing of foods. The enzyme combinations it contains are deliberately chosen and precisely balanced to optimise the body's utilisation of nutrients.
- The Preferred Packaging in Vegetable Capsules - which, unlike tablets, can be pulled apart to mix the enzymes into foods 15-30 minutes before they are eaten for maximum results
- Beetroot fibre is used as a primary filler - which is unrelated to wheat and safe for those allergic to wheat, gluten or gliadin.
- 100% Plant-based Digestive Enzyme Help - this Digestive Enzyme Blend is made from 100% vegetarian-source aspergillus and other micro-organisms. The enzymes produced by the micro-organisms we use have a strong record of safe use in the food industry and are suitable for both vegetarians and meat eaters.
What are Digestive Enzymes?
The human body makes more than 3,000 kinds of enzymes that speed up chemical reactions and save energy. Digestive enzymes, which are only a few of the thousands of known enzymes, break down the foods we eat into basic building blocks that our body then absorbs and reassembles to build cells, tissues, organs, glands and body systems. If our digestion is compromised then so is our health.
No matter what we eat all our foods are made from proteins, fats, carbohydrates and a few other complex molecules. Each require different enzymes to break them down into amino acids, fatty acids, glucose and other basic building blocks. Protease digests proteins; lipase digests fats; amylase digests starch; etc.
Where do Digestive Enzymes come from?
Two main sources:
1. Internal: the digestive system secretes a few digestive enzymes in the mouth and stomach, but most are secreted by the pancreas and small intestine; and
2. External: foods that are raw, sprouted or soaked or supplements of digestive enzymes from plant or animal sources.
Udo's Choice Ultimate Digestive Enzyme Blend Ingredients
150 mg of pure vegetable source enzyme blend with the following guaranteed activity:
In a base of beetroot fibre in easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules
- Amalyse 5000 DU
- Protease 12500 HUT
- Glucoamylase 4.5 AGU
- Malt Diastase 270 Dpo
- Pectinase (with Phytase) 7.5 ENDO / PGU
- Lipase 150 FCC LU
- Cellulase 400 CU
- Invertase 100 SU
- Lactase 500 ALU
- Bromelain 50000 FCC PU
Warning: Always read the label and keep out of reach of children.
Any Product sold or supplied by Bodywiseuk.com are not intended for the treatment,
prevention and cure of any medical conditions.
Never exceed recommended intake unless professionally advised.