A fresh,unrefined certified organic cold pressed seed oil rich in omega 3 essential fatty acids. An excellent choice for those who already have quality omega 6 sources in their diet or those wanting to build their omega 3 levels before switching to a balanced blend such as Udos Choice. A delightful nutty taste makes it easy to mix into your food or smoothie.
This quality nutritional oil is:
- Freshly pressed in an oxygen and light-free environment, at temperatures not exceeding 36 C (97 F).
- Unrefined, non deodorised and unfiltered - leaving in all the minor ingredients and cofactors that are essential for the body to utilise the oil, whilst not damaging the delicate Omega 3s.
- The taste and colour of oil occasionally varies from one pressing to another - proof that the oil is unrefined and unbleached, because its taste reflects the climatic conditions in which the seeds were grown.
- Packaged in nitrogen flushed, amber bottles to preserve freshness.
- Certified Organic - the oil is pressed from certified organic seeds, carefully selected for flavour and maturity.
- Fresh, highly nutritious and rich in Omega 3 as opposed to most supermarket oils whose vital nutrients are destroyed during processing.
- Produced for health and nutritional value not shelf life.
- Savant Distribution Ltd import Udos Choice Ultimate Oil Blend in cold storage, at 4C, put it straight into frozen storage and then bring it into cold storage again at our warehouse before shipping out. To ensure maximum freshness and nutritional value we ask that you also store your oil refrigerated before and after opening.
What are Essential Fats?
Scientists have given essential fats their name because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesize them from any other substance we eat, so a direct food source is required. Hence the name essential. There are many kinds of fats but only two kinds of essential fats, Omega 3 and Omega 6, both of which are unsaturated fats. Each EFA is turned into several derivatives by the body, provided enough undamaged Omega 3 and Omega 6 are supplied in the right ratio. All other fats, such as Omega 9 (monounsaturated), Omega 7 and saturated fat are non-essential because the body can produce them from sugars and starches.
Some notes one Flax Oil
Flax oil is an excellent source of omega 3 EFAs but is a poor source of omega 6 EFAs. Flax is considered to be too rich in omega 3 for the long-term and can lead to omega 6 deficiency, because omega 3 and omega 6 EFAs compete for enzyme space in our cells. Although it is generally considered that the western diet contains enough omega 6, they generally come from poor, damaged sources. Todays main sources of omega 6 are cooking oils and margarines, which have been processed heavily with harsh chemicals to ensure a long shelf life. This has left us in the situation where although we do get some omega 6 intake, it is damaged to the extent where it is now harmful, rather than beneficial to health
Omega 6 deficiency causes:
- Eczema-like skin eruptions
- Hair loss
- Behavioral changes
- Kidney malfunction
- Water loss through the skin with attendant to thirst
- Glands dry up
- Susceptibility to infections
- Wounds fail to heal
- Male sterility
- Female miscarriage
- Arthritis-like joint pain
- Heart beat abnormalities
- Growth retardation
- Dry skin and hair
- Dry eyes
This means that flax oil is an excellent choice for those who already have quality omega 6 sources in their diet or for those wanting to build their omega 3 levels before switching to a balanced blend such as Udos Choice Ultimate Oil Blend. A period of around 3 months will be sufficient for most people. Bodybuilders who are dieting for competition and trying to release as much stored fat as possible, will gain most benefit from flax alone for the final 3-4 weeks before competition. FMD Organic Flax Oil Ingredients Unrefined Organic Flax seed oil
Warning: Always read the label and keep out of reach of children.
Any Product sold or supplied by Bodywiseuk.com are not intended for the treatment,
prevention and cure of any medical conditions.
Never exceed recommended intake unless professionally advised.
Savant Flax Seed Oil Organic